Called to Serve
Utah Salt Lake City Temple Square
This Is The Place
January 2012 to June 2013

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Every Day is a Happy Day



Mom, I only have one more prep-day to write, you miscalculated! Wow it looks like summer fun has hit! The race looked like so much fun and I am excited to be running when I get back! What a blessing to have a working body!  I still run 3 miles every morning and it hurts.

Ok, did you know it is possible for it to rain when there are no clouds in the sky? I didn't. But it happened and it was real crazy.

Every day is a happy day! I am happy, my companion is happy, the work is happy.

This week we contacted a family from Argentina that is now living in Provo. I talked to the family in English while Sister Ordonez talked with the Grandma in Spanish. When I was talking with them I invited them to come to Church and they said no. After we took them up to watch "God's Plan" everything changed. They said yes to meeting with missionaries, and they want to go to church! I didn't really write this story well, but it was a very special experience to see this wonderful family feel the spirit and act. We will of course be following up with their experience at church and with missionaries.

This week we taught Daniel twice with the elders. They came to temple square. I am bummed because he is getting baptized the 15th and I don't head back up to UT until the 16! So sad! I want to be there so badly.

Also this last week we went to Kelli's Baptism, we have been teaching her with the Elders as well. She is in a young single adult ward. She is so cute!

We have been taking a lot more Motor-coaches (aka, Large Group tours) Its expected this summer is going to be even crazier than last summer. I wonder how many random tourist pictures I am in on the internet.

This morning we heard from Sister Rodgers from the General Relief Society Board. She got me pumped to be a faithful member of the RS after the mission!

I have averaged 4 hours of sleep for ...well let's see this has been going on for 2 transfers....my body kind of feels like dying sometimes but God always sustains me. Thank the Heavens! Last night was a night I only slept for 2 hours. Maybe I can get some rest today. 

Pray that our new investigators become progressing!

Hurrah For Israel!
Sister Reynders

P.S. I am really excited to go to Nauvoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment