Called to Serve
Utah Salt Lake City Temple Square
This Is The Place
January 2012 to June 2013

Thursday, May 16, 2013

I got a Sunburn!




                Mitt at "Music and the Spoken Word"
 
Yeah its SUMMER! Finally! I don't know what took so long!
It was so good to see you Mother and Father! You are the best! I was a little sad to see you go, but once you were gone I got right back to work. Things are moving along. We are teaching Sarahi from Honduras. She is great! She has a sincere desire to change her life and improve her family relationships! We are also teaching Isaac from CA. He is a YSA and wants to keep free from temptations. We can help him with that!
This week M. Russell Ballard came to speak to our mission. I feel a kinship with that Apostle and I think we could be friends!  Something that touched me while listening to him is that he spoke of the pre earth life and other aspects of the Plan of Salvation with such a surety that it is real.  Another thing that stood out to me was his attitude of, "Do you best to follow the spirit and then stop stressing. Relax!" This is not the first time I have been taught this principle by an Apostle in an informal/casual setting. I remember Elder Neil L. Andersen mentioned the same thing when he came to Nauvoo at Pres. Ludwig's house.  Relaxing is easier said than done.
Sis Ordonez is great and we get along great! I am so grateful to end my mission with a hard working companion, and one that loves me....I gotta feel loved.
Today I was able to bear testimony of Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon to George. He's a less active we are working with in Salt Lake. We meet him on the Square to teach him. It's something I bear testimony of often, but today was special. I am grateful to have grown up in a home that loved the history of the Church. I testified that at a young age I knew that the life of Joseph Smith was important and that as I have grown I have been able to receive strength from the Book of Mormon. I testify to any person that is reading this, that there is an actual power that comes from the Book of Mormon. If one reads it intending and believing that they can receive power from on high they will. They Book of Mormon has the power to provide you safety and peace during your sojourn on this planet.
Hurrah For Israel!
Cheerfully do, then stand still
Sister Reynders

No comments:

Post a Comment